On Friday, January 14th, Informed Opinions will deliver an all-day workshop to women working in the NGO sector in London, Ontario, thanks in part to the generous sponsorship of the Centre for Research and Education on Violence Against Women and Children at the University of Western Ontario.
Good candidates for the workshop include knowledgeable, articulate and opinionated women working or volunteering for a non profit organization with an interest in providing timely context for and analysis of pressing issues
If you or someone you know fits this description, contact us via the Informed Opinions website.
Workshop participants (limited to 20) will:
- become more confident about owning and articulating their expertise
- learn a simple way to write clear, persuasive commentary about their issues
- complete key elements of an op ed about a matter that’s important to their organization
- hear from a newspaper editor about how the submissions process works
- gain access to editing support to improve their chances of getting published
- learn simple strategies to improve their effectiveness in interviews
- have the opportunity to be included in an online expert sources list for journalists
Date: Friday 14 January 2011
Time: 9:00 am to 4:30 pm
Place: London Public Library
Cost: Covered by the Centre for Research and Education on Violence Against Women and Children at the University of Western Ontario. Lunch provided.