Thank you for your interest in joining or nominating an ExpertWomen. Our database is designed to make it easier for journalists, conference planners, recruiters and others to find women to interview, consult and hire.
Being listed as an expert will not only increase your media profile and credibility: you’ll be joining a community of women committed to actively participating in public discourse for a more democratic and equitable world.
A couple of items for consideration before you apply or nominate a colleague:
Ready to say ‘yes’ to media interviews?
One of the reasons women’s voices remain seriously under-represented in public discourse is because women are far more likely than men to turn down media interviews. Being included in ExpertWomen means agreeing to say yes to interviews whenever possible.
Are you or your nominee an expert?
In order to be included our database, our experts must have formal qualifications and/or demonstrated personal experience that will make them a credible source for journalists.
- Relevant education qualifications (eg. degree or certificate from accredited institution)
- Years of work experience in a relevant field
- Professional accreditation by a respected authority
- Title and affiliation with an established organization (paid or voluntary)
- Direct personal experience of an issue (eg. mother of an autistic child)
- Relevant publications (peer reviewed and/or professionally published)
- Recognized leadership through:
- paid consulting work with satisfied clients
- research funding
- relevant honours and awards
- previous speaking invitations at conferences, events in your field
- previous media requests or published commentaries
Ready to apply? Ready to Nominate an ExpertWomen?
Complete the following fields and a member of the Informed Opinions’ ExpertWomen team will be in touch with you to follow-up.