We’re a small team with big ambitions, relentlessly mission-focused and sticklers for quality control.
We do a lot with a little and have always operated virtually. And we’re looking to hire on contract a smart, thoughtful, attentive communicator with insight and initiative.
Our ideal hire has not only a deep understanding of Canada’s news media environment, but also entrepreneurial energy and a proven ability to develop strategically effective communications that achieve results.
But please don’t send us your C-V; your LinkedIn profile will be fine.
And instead of a cover letter, convince us of your suitability by responding to the following questions in a way that demonstrates your skill in writing persuasive messages that are both compelling and concise.
- When did you know you had writing talent?
- What have you learned from one or more past communication fails?
- What elements do you think are essential to developing a strategically effective communications plan?
- How have you earned your familiarity with Canada’s media environment?
- What can you say to convince us that working with Informed Opinions is not only an ideal opportunity for you, but also a smart move for us?
- What should we be doing to increase journalists’ use of women sources?
- When have your strategic communications had measurable impact?
All of Informed Opinions staff are initially hired on a short-term contract, but competency, collegiality and a propensity to identify solutions before issues become problems are rewarded with ongoing opportunities.
Please send your submission to email@example.com any time before June 9th.