Remember when a conference full of all-male panels was the norm?
Today such lapses are widely condemned, and many invitees refuse to participate unless diverse views are included.
With the support of donors like you, we’re expanding the scope of that change, reminding news media that in 2020, it’s unacceptable to continue relying on male sources 70% of the time.
The absence of women’s voices affects what’s considered normal and important; including our perspectives changes what gets prioritized and funded.
Informed Opinions has made a measurable difference:
- We’ve motivated and trained thousands of women to engage with media.
- We’ve made diverse experts easier for journalists to find.
- Dozens of the women we feature are now being contacted and quoted every week.
Your donation fuels that change. Your contribution helps to ensure our daughters’ voices are as valued and included in Canadian society as our sons’.
You can donate using the embedded form above or by sending a cheque to:
19 Fairpark Dr.
Ottawa, ON K2G 6X1
As a charitable organization, we offer tax receipts to supporters who recognize that seeing and hearing from more female role models will make Canada more equitable and democratic.
Your support helps us to:
- $2,000 – Deliver a workshop to an underfunded women’s organization
- $1,000 – Teach 8 women to write compelling commentaries and provide editing feedback on their drafts
- $500 – Offer a webinar for women in remote locations so their voices can be heard
- $250 – Train one marginalized woman to share her informed opinion more broadly
- $100 – Provide a month’s worth of tech power for our database to ensure news media can find expert women
- $50 – Amplify one woman’s voice by including her in the database
Become a hero for women’s voices by donating $5,000 or more annually (meet our heroes)
Read more about the impact we’re having in our ANNUAL REPORTS by clicking on the thumbnails: